Monday, April 30, 2012

Not exactly the update I wanted....

So I went to the doctor today. There have been things I've wanted to talk to a doctor about, but I didn't have a PCP since I had only seen my OB since I was pregnant. 


My blood pressure was high. It was 130-something over 100-something, I have PPD (post-partum depression), and I have Sertraline (generic for Zoloft) for my PPD and Atenolol (generic for Tenormin) for my blood pressure. I had fasting bloodwork done today (there's a nice little bruise on my arm, which isn't that common for me but that's okay), and I go back in in about two weeks for a physical and to go over my lab results.


I had a feeling that I had PPD. I read up on it, and a lot of the common symptoms I realized I had had since sometime in January, at the earliest I can remember. In January I started to... change. I've been irritable, towards literally everyone. I never realized that I snapped at people (like Casey or Jayda) until I was questioned about what the hell my problem was. I just looked at them. I didn't know. I felt like just staying in bed.. there were days where if I could get Jayda to sleep most of the day, I'd get her to sleep. Then I'd sit there. I didn't clean, I didn't exercise, I didn't do anything productive at all. I just sat there, feeling meh. 


My blood pressure has been spiking the past week or two. I get really dizzy or I get massive headaches. 


My doctor also suggested using a drug called Phentermine to help me lose weight, since I have been unable to do so myself. She said we can think on it, and make a decision later. I'm going to do more research on it, see what the side effects are, and if it's really appropriate for wanting to lose only 40lbs or so. I think once the anti-depressant kicks in I will be more motivated to go out and walk and eat right and lose weight. We will see.


I am currently waiting on Vol State to tell me whether or not they consider me a resident of Tennessee. I had to turn in papers to prove I live here and such, and if I'm not considered a resident of Tennessee, I cannot afford to go to school until the fall semester. Which would suck. I hate this waiting game, but I guess that's what I get for wanting a college education and to better myself.


I suppose that's it. I'm going to try to write ---- err, type, rather, more. I'm wondering if it can help my PPD?


Always,
Andie

No comments: