Monday, August 22, 2011

Jayda's birth story, part 1.

I'm 38 weeks 1 day pregnant with little miss Jayda-bug. At my 35 week appointment, I wasn't dilated but my cervix was starting to soften. I went back in two weeks later at 37 weeks, and same thing... I hadn't progressed at all. I go in today (38 weeks 1 day) and my blood pressure was 146/118. The nurse had me lay on my left side and she went to check the protein level in my urine. When she came back, she said it was really high and checked my BP again. 140/110. The second number should never be above 100. My OB came in, checked me, and said I hadn't dilated at all. Still. I guess I have early signs of toxemia, and he decided that tomorrow morning I be at labor and delivery at 6 am. From what he was saying, we're inducing.

I've wanted Jayda to just be here, but I didn't picture it like this. The look on Casey's face was just like "... what?" We're kinda scurrying around getting last minute stuff ready. He doesn't feel good and I kind of don't either.. but I'm fighting it. I'm not to drink or eat anything after midnight, which really sucks because my heartburn gets really bad at night and tums has made me sick lately.

I suppose we'll see how all this goes!

- Andie

No comments: